Both conventional and naturopathic medicine offer solutions for people looking to improve or maintain their wellness and prevent future health problems. While most people are familiar with the general idea of naturopathic medicine, they may not know exactly what it involves and how it is different than conventional medicine.
Here’s a closer look at some key tenets of naturopathic medicine:
- Encourages self-healing. Naturopathic medicine uses different methods and substances to support and stimulate people’s inherent ability to self-heal. They believe that the self-healing process is a part of every person, and they identify and minimize barriers to recovery.
- Embraces a holistic approach. Naturopaths understand that symptoms don’t exist in a vacuum; they are influenced by many parts of the whole person, including their genes, environment, lifestyle, and their physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Educates and emphasizes personal responsibility. Naturopaths empower patients by educating them about their health and encouraging them to take charge of their own wellness.
- Focuses on prevention. Rather than waiting for health problems to get out of hand, naturopaths work to prevent problems. They identify risk factors, taking into account family history and health history, and recommend measures that will ward off future health problems.
- Avoids side effects. Naturopaths embrace the “first do no harm” mantra, avoiding treatments that may cause harmful side effects.
- Prioritizes healing over symptom suppression. Naturopaths do not favor simply prescribing medications to mask symptoms. They work to address the root of health problems.
Is AllergyEasy a form of naturopathic allergy treatment?
The AllergyEasy turnkey allergy treatment program is prescribed by both medical doctors and naturopathic doctors. It embraces principles of both types of medicine. On the naturopathic side, it is closely aligned with the “first do no harm principle” in that it can help patients minimize their use of allergy medications with harmful side effects. It also aims to treat the underlying cause of allergy. Allergy immunotherapy, which is the foundation of the AllergyEasy program, is the only treatment that has been shown to reduce the actual allergic disease instead of just its symptoms.
Good health comes when we keep an open mind to different medical approaches. No approach has all of the answers, but when you know your body, do your research, and be pro-active in preventing and solving health problems, you can find the treatments that will help you discover the best health possible.